/ The Inspirations of a Student Journalist: Old routines

Saturday 9 April 2011

Old routines

Writing my blog, has been a little dry of late. No inspiration, or enthusiasm and frankly no passion to create any, but I think it's only short lived. I'm putting it down to re-adjusting to quiet life in a little house in Devon as apposed to the lively and slightly tiring atmosphere of halls of residence!

Coming home and going back to work, was a shock to the system.

I have got much too used to being a lazy student that I'd forgotten what it was like to do a full days work. Last Saturday, I was straight back in at an 8 hour day and I can safely say I was exhausted.

Don't get me wrong, I know that an 8 hour day is nothing compared to the hours some people work. In fact before University I worked 5 or 6 days a week, so I do know what it is like to work full time, and 8 hours really is nothing.

Yet when you get used to a completely different lifestyle it's difficult to fall back in to old routines and part of it is not wanting to fall back in to old routines because they are far from fulfilling. The thought of going to work tomorrow scares me a little.

Not being tied to a job for the last 6 months had me feeling free, I was available to do what I want when I want. I realise however, the first term will soon be coming to an end and sadly, holidays don't pay for themselves, clothes don't just appear in your wardrobe and money certainly doesn't grow on trees. Therefore it will be back to full time working.

No comments:

Post a Comment